Halelo

Al-Haram Al-Ibrahimi:

Al-Haram al-Ibrahimi, the Sanctuary of Abraham or Tomb of the Patriarchs, in the old city of Hebron is considered to be the fourth holiest site in Islam. One of the ancient historical, religious, and heritage sites in Palestine, this 1000-year-old mosque enshrines the tombs of the prophet Abraham, his son Isaac, and his grandson Jacob, and their wives Sarah, Rebecca, and Leah, as well as the tomb of Joseph. It is believed that the prophet Mohammad visited it on his night flight from Mecca to Jerusalem. Prophet Abraham chose al-Haram al-Ibrahimi, also known as the Cave of Machpelah, which he had bought from Ephron the Hittite as a burial plot to bury his wife Sarah in 1900 BC when he returned to the land of Palestine. According to Arab legend, the massive stones of the sanctuary’s walls built without mortar were laid by King Solomon. The walls had no doors and therefore visitors had to walk around them. Following the Islamic conquest, the walls were converted into a mosque, and throughout the ages it was a site for reverence and care. Umayyad and Fatimid caliphs, sultans, and emirs tended the mosque. In the year 583 hegira (1187 AD), when the Islamic leader Salaheddin Al-Ayyoubi recaptured the city of Hebron from the Crusaders, he moved the minbar or pulpit from the city of Asqalan to the mosque in Hebron fearing that Asqalan would fall into the hands of the Crusaders. Badr al-Jamali, vizier to the Fatimid Caliph al-MustanserBillah, gave orders in the year 484 hegira (1091 AD) to build the pulpit with the head of Imam Al-Hussein carved on it.

Halhoul:

is a Palestinian city located in the southern of Palestine , 5 kilometers north ofHebron . The town, bordered by Sa’ir and Ash-Shuyukh to the east, BeitUmmar and Al-Arroub refugee camp to the north, and Kharas and Nuba westwards, is located 916 m above sea level, and is the highest inhabited place in Palestine. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, the city had a population of 22,108 .

According to Jewish, Christian and Muslim medieval traditions, the graves of the biblical prophets Gad and Nathan are located in Halhul. Another Muslim tradition places Jonah‘s grave in the town. The burial sites, formerly designated in the list of Holy Places under Israeli rule, are now under the Palestinian Authority.